Offer expires: Monday May 21, 2018
In addition to cosmetic surgical treatments, the Alexandra Private Hospital offers a range of surgical and non-surgical ophthalmic treatments for eye patients in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire region.
Lens Replacement Surgery
Lens Replacement Surgery (Refractive Lens Exchange) typically is for people with presbyopia or extreme farsightedness and for whom LASIK, PRK or phakic IOL surgery generally are not suitable. If you have both presbyopia and moderate to severe hyperopia, RLE may be the only viable option for clear vision and minimal reliance on glasses after refractive surgery.
Lens replacement surgery also can correct myopia (nearsightedness)
The procedure for refractive lens exchange is virtually identical to cataract surgery. The difference is that in RLE, the lens being replaced is clear, rather than a cloudy lens due to a cataract.
Additional Procedures include:
- Corneal transplantation and refractive surgery
- Refractive lens surgery, including clear lens extraction
- Lens implant for macular degeneration – Vip IOL implant
- Micro-incision cataract surgery and lens implant –phacoemulsification cataract surgery, including toric (astigmatism), multifocal& accommodative (presbyopic) implants
- Glaucoma screening, management, and treatment, including laser and surgery
- Lid surgery including blepharoplasty
- Intra-vitreal injections for the management of diabetic retinopathy, wet macular degeneration, and maculopathy due to diabetes and vein occlusions
- Diabetic eye, and age-related macular degeneration screening
- General ophthalmology
- Second opinion, and medico-legal reports